1046 Brunette Avenue
Coquitlam, BC V3K 1E7
Mackin Park sports field construction has been completed and the sports fields are open to the public. The 2013 to 2023 Sports Field Strategy identified rehabilitation of the Mackin Park fields based on the area’s challenging site conditions.
For further details, please refer to the Report to Council (PDF) from May 29, 2017.
Improvements to Mackin Park included:
- Installing field drainage, rebuilding the sand layer, re-sodding the north play field
- Relocating the cricket batting cage, and shifting and improving the cricket pitch
- Relocating the east ball diamond and providing new backstop fencing
- Resurfacing and sodding the west ball diamond’s skinned infield, to allow for full field play for football on the south play field
- Substantial completion of construction
- Field opened to the public
- Grass established