Encroachment Permits & Agreements

You need to apply for an Encroachment Permit or Agreement from the City’s Engineering and Public Works Department for the temporary or the permanent use of City-controlled lands such as boulevards, road allowances, or rights-of-way. Each application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis. There are three types of Encroachment Permit or Agreement: 

Additional Information

For more information about Encroachment bylaws, please refer to the  Encroachment into City Owned and/or Controlled Lands Policy (PDF).