We provide the planning, design and construction management of Coquitlam’s parks, facilities and open spaces. The projects underway reflect our commitment to meet the current and future needs of our growing community.
Park Planning & Design
Our role is to:
- Develop policy and other strategic planning processes that support the Department
- Manage Geographic Information Systems and data
- Plan and design Coquitlam’s parks and open spaces and provide opportunities for community input
- Research and analyze park, recreation and culture participation and trends
To enhance the park and recreation experience for a growing community, we encourage input into the park planning process through open houses, community advisory or project committees, feedback surveys and other social media.
For more information, please contact Park Planning and Design Manager.
Facilities & Parks Construction
We are committed to the long-term sustainability of our municipal facilities, parks and green spaces through:
- Facility asset upgrades and improvements
- Habitat protection
- Infrastructure improvements
- Park and trail rehabilitation and improvements
For more information, please contact Manager Capital Construction.
Park Legacy Amenity
Is your organization interested in contributing a Legacy Amenity to a park project? Browse through our Amenity Donation Catalogue (PDF) for some ideas.