The utility bill for residents is due March 31, 2023, covering the billing period of January 1 to December 31, 2023.
Metered customers receive quarterly bills each year.
- If you would like to use a debit card to pay your Utility Bill, visit the Online Utility Bill Payment page. You will need the 5-digit account number from the top of your Utility Bill.
- We do not accept debit card payments over the telephone.
- Please note some financial institutions do not participate in Interac Online.
- If you would like to use a credit card to pay your Utility Bill, visit the Online Utility Bill Payment page. You will need the 5-digit account number from the top of your Utility Bill.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards.
- We do not accept credit card payments over the telephone.
- On your bank’s internet banking site, set up a new account for Coquitlam Utilities using the 5-digit account number on the top of your Utility Bill.
- Please ensure the transaction is completed 2 to 3 days prior to due date.
At Your Bank
- Utility Bills are payable at most banks or credit unions.
- Please keep the stamped copy of your Utility Bill for proof of payment.
- Mail your cheque to:
City of Coquitlam
3000 Guildford Way
Coquitlam, B.C. V3B 7N2
- Cheques post-dated up to the due date are accepted.
- Envelopes must bear a Canada Post postmark prior to the due date.
Secure Drop Box
Drop off cheques post-dated up to the due date 24 hours a day to the following locations (do not deposit cash):
- City Hall (3000 Guildford Way): Inside the underground parking entrance off Burlingtorn Drive, or adjacent to the Buchanan Square entrance
- Poirier Sports and Leisure Complex (633 Poirier St.): Main entrance facing Poirier
In Person at City Hall
- Revenue Services Counter
3000 Guildford Way
Coquitlam BC V3B 7N2
- Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Utilities Instalment Plan
Consider joining the Utilities Instalment Plan.