Sometimes snow will prevent garbage trucks from accessing certain streets.
In the event of hazardous road conditions due to snow and/or ice, there may be delays or a temporary cancellation of waste collection.
- Disruptions to Garbage and Green Cart collection will be communicated through our free Coquitlam Curbside Collection app. Download the app or sign up for phone call or email alerts at www.coquitlam.ca/ReCollect.
- If your Garbage and/or Green Cart is not collected by 7:30 p.m. during a snowfall event, bring it off the street or lane for the night and place it out again before 7:30 a.m. the next morning.
- If your carts are still not able to be collected, please bring them in and report the missed collection using our Snow Reporting Response Tool (www.coquitlam.ca/snowresponse) so our contractor can prioritize your address for collection on your next regularly scheduled collection day.
- Questions regarding missed Garbage and Green Cart collection should be directed to Waste Connections of Canada at 604-636-3520 or Cityofcoquitlam@wasteconnections.com.
- Curbside recycling collection in Coquitlam is not managed by the City – it is a service provided at no cost to residents by Recycle BC.
- Disruptions to recycling collection will be communicated through the free Recycle BC app. Download the app or sign up for phone call or email alerts at www.recyclebc.ca/Coquitlam.
- Questions regarding missed recycling collection should be directed to Recycle BC’s collection contractor GFL Environmental at 604-529-4011 or email@example.com.