What do I do if I find an injured or deceased animal?

Injured Domestic Animal

  • Contact the Animal Shelter: 604-927-7387
  • After Hours - Central Animal Emergency: 604-931-1911

Injured Wildlife

  • Wildlife concerns (such as issues with bears or deer) or injured wildlife, call the Conservation Officer Service: 877-952-7277 (RAPP)
  • Injured wild animals (raccoons, baby birds, etc.), contact:
    • Critter Care: 604-530-2064
    • Wildlife Rescue Association: 604-526-7275

Deceased Animal

  • The Shelter will pick up deceased animals found in Coquitlam. Call the Animal Shelter at 604-927-7387
  • The Animal Shelter offers cremation services through Until We Meet Again for your beloved pet. There are options to have the ashes returned to you, or for a general cremation. Contact the shelter at 604-927-7387 for prices and other options.

Show All Answers

1. What are the Shelter's hours of operation?
2. I want to donate to the Coquitlam Animal Shelter. What can I donate?
3. What do I do if I find an injured or deceased animal?
4. I need to surrender my pet. What are my options?
5. What is the Pet Food Bank?