How do I apply for a Development Permit?

A triplex or fourplex requires a “Form & Character” Development Permit (DP) which can be approved by the General Manager of Planning and Development and is not required to be brought to Council for approval.

Coquitlam has one Development Application Form (PDF) that is used for all types of applications. For a triplex or fourplex, choose the DP, “Form & Character Delegated” on the Development Application Form.

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for a Development Permit?
2. I made my Development Permit Application, now what happens?
3. Are there trees on, or near, my property?
4. Do I have to design my building a certain way?
5. Are there special design requirements if my property is in the Maillardville area?
6. How long does it take the City to process a Housing Choices application?
7. What can I do to ensure that my application can be processed faster than average?
8. When can I apply for a Building Permit?