Do I have to design my building a certain way?

All triplex and fourplex projects need to meet the standards of design for new development, as required by the Development Permit (DP) Design Guidelines criteria.

You will need to apply for a DP and the project design must meet the Design Guidelines (PDF) criteria to receive City approval of the DP. Once approved, a DP notice is registered on the title of the property as the property owner and the City have legally agreed that the project, as it is designed in the DP, is ready for a Building Permit application.

In addition to the Design Guidelines criteria, any project must meet the City’s Bylaws, including the Zoning Bylaw.

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for a Development Permit?
2. I made my Development Permit Application, now what happens?
3. Are there trees on, or near, my property?
4. Do I have to design my building a certain way?
5. Are there special design requirements if my property is in the Maillardville area?
6. How long does it take the City to process a Housing Choices application?
7. What can I do to ensure that my application can be processed faster than average?
8. When can I apply for a Building Permit?