You can apply for a Temporary Use Permit for limited term use of land not otherwise permitted in the City’s Zoning Bylaw. Temporary Use Permit applications are reviewed against the City’s Zoning Bylaw, including:
- If the temporary use will operate at an intensity of use suitable to the surrounding area
- If the temporary use will be compatible with regard to use, design, and operation with other surrounding land uses
- That the temporary use will operate on a temporary basis only and includes plans, or a letter of undertaking to terminate the use and restore the site by the expiry date of the permit
Temporary Use Permits may be issued for a period up to three years from the date the permit was approved by Council, and may be renewed once, subject to Council approval, on City properties within any:
- Agricultural and resource zone (A-3 zone) outside of the Agricultural Land Reserve
- Commercial zone (C) zone
- Comprehensive development (CD) zone
- Industrial (M) zone
- Service commercial (CS) zone
- Service station (SS) zone
The permit will establish conditions of use, including the site design and layout, and length of time the temporary use can occur. Security deposits and letters of undertaking may also be required to ensure conditions are met.
Please note: For Applications submitted after January 03, 2022, mail-out postage cost recovery for public consultation will be collected by staff after the letters have been sent out.
Development Application Signs
If you are pursuing a Development Application, you are required to install a Development Application Sign on the development site. Please visit Development Application Signs for more information.